This is a full-time position with competitive compensation based on education, experience and skills.
Youth Pastor should be committed to love, nurture, inspire and equip our
children and youth to be faithful, lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ who reach
out to the community and beyond. This will include evangelism, relationship
building and such other ministry involvement that serves to attract children,
youth and their parents to Black Jack PFWB Church
(Black Jack Pentecostal Free Will Baptist Church) and ultimately to a saving faith in Jesus Christ.
· A mature, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
· A well-established life of spiritual disciplines.
· A call to full-time ministry.
· An alignment with the beliefs and practices of the Pentecostal Free Will Baptist Denomination based upon the Scriptures and the Faith & Practices of the Pentecostal Free Will Baptist Church.
· A passion for working with children, youth and parents.
· A display of such desirable qualities as teamwork, cooperation, dependability, organization, hard work, respect, staff loyalty, and a teachable spirit.
· Ability to plan, organize, lead and guide complex projects and spontaneous activities related to children and youth ministries.
· Completion of college level or higher course work in Christian Education and/or Youth Ministry and/or Children’s Ministry is desired. Experience working with children and youth is desired.
· Excellent oral, written and electronic communication skills, including listening, speaking, discerning, and disseminating through multiple media.
· Possess strong leadership skills, including the ability to enlist volunteers and support them in accomplishing the work of our ministry.
· Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and the capacity to promote programs that convey excitement that will engage participation.
· Ability to work independently.
· Must have a satisfactory background/security check.
· Develop, implement and direct programs for the children and youth of our church and geographic area that will promote spiritual growth and wholesome activity. It is our purpose that these activities should lead to a personal salvation experience, ongoing discipleship, spiritual maturity and provide outreach to the community. (ex: Vacation Bible School, Harvest Festival, Easter Egg Hunt, Community Outreach, etc.)
· Teach the importance of both home and international missions in the church. Plan and lead mission activities/service projects and trips for children and youth both in the community and beyond.
· Plan and promote all major events and weekly programs that target children and youth. Oversee and have a regular presence in these activities offering direction, support and guidance.
· Plan, conduct, coordinate, evaluate, and select resources for the church’s ministry programs for children and youth.
· Develop relationships and maintain regular communication with parents of participating children and youth. Plan and coordinate quarterly informational meetings about children’s and youth programs.
· Encourage growing levels of participation through strong marketing of the programs for both children and youth.
· Create and maintain a budget related to children and youth ministry programs. Plan and implement necessary fund-raising activities if needed.
· Minister to the needs of children, youth and their families on a personal level. This includes, but is not limited to, hospitalization, deaths of family members or friends, or other physical, emotional or spiritual needs.
· Be involved in the lives of children and youth through cooperation with schools in our area.
· Be aware of social problems concerning children and youth as to better minister to their needs and provide counsel as needed.
· Recruit and involve parents and other adults in the overall ministry to the children and youth. Provide guidance and training for volunteers/adults working with children and youth ministry, serving as a resource to them helping to help them fulfil their tasks.
· Keep pertinent quantitative data regarding children and youth ministry. (e.g. Numbers in attendance at various events, names and contact information for all children and youth participating in events, a current list of volunteers with names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.)
· Attends and updates committees as requested by committee chairs, the Pastor and/or Official Board.
· Attends professional development activities/training/workshops related to children and youth ministry and shares learned strategies with appropriate staff and volunteers.
· Use social media and church website to connect families, children and youth with the ministries available. Provide timely information for church bulletin. Create monthly newsletter for youth.
· Lead and partner with a Youth Advisory Board which meets at least quarterly.
· Work with Pastor to coordinate children and youth participation in worship, including (but not limited to) Youth Sunday, Graduation Sunday, drama/musical performances, and 5th Sundays, etc.
· Adheres to the PFWB Church Policy and Procedures as outlined in our Church Bylaws.
· Plan and implement worship program for morning services in absence of Pastor.
· Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
After 90 days of employment there will be an evaluation. Thereafter, there will be an evaluation done at least yearly, more if deemed necessary. This position will be accountable to the Pastor/Official Board.
Submit a cover letter which includes an overview of your faith journey, salary requirements, a resume, and the names of three references with contact information. (Electronic documents should be in MS Word or PDF format) Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Mail to: Youth Pastor Search, Black Jack Pentecostal Free Will Baptist Church, 2581 Black Jack-Grimesland Road, Greenville, NC 27858 Closing date for accepting applications is December 3, 2016.
Black Jack PFWB Church is located in rural eastern North Carolina which is approximately 70 miles from the Atlantic Ocean and 100 miles from our state capital of Raleigh, NC. Our community is just a few miles outside of Greenville, NC—home to East Carolina University, Pitt Community College, Vidant Medical Center, Brody School of Medicine and many major industries. Our membership of approximately 225 enjoys regular Sunday morning and evening worship services, mid-week activities for all ages, men’s and women’s ministry groups, and many special programing events throughout the year.